As for Oct'12 you can create your own custom addresses. Here is why you may want to do this:
- The default auto-generated addresses are not human readable, i.e. email@example.com so it is difficult to tell from the address itself which notebook it corresponds to. A custom address will look like this: myCustomWord+id1+ firstname.lastname@example.org. You pick your own 'myCustomWord' prefix and hence make the address meaningful to you.
- The custom addresses will resolve to a notebook plus a number of tags, that is when you send an email to a custom address that corresponds to NotebookA and TagA,TagB,TagC the email will be delivered to NotebookA and also tagged with the tags TagA,TagB,TagC
Configuring the custom addresses is easy:
- Go to the 'Notebooks' menu
- Choose a notebook and click the 'aliases' button
- Add a new alias (custom address)
- Once you have added your aliases, go back to the Overview page and hit Refresh. That last step will create new google contacts corresponding to the aliases.